Monday, August 17, 2015

The dream is over

I'm going to stray from the usual pattern of things. As for what we did this week, it sufficeth me to say that we had some meetings set up and we had the same amount of meetings fall through. The two real highlights of the week have to be the ward activity on Saturday at our investigator's dacha (the father of the former branch president... we found him again and have a meeting with him on Tuesday). A lot of the members that I know well here came and it was just a good time. We talked, we had chicken, we ate fresh berries, all was well. It was a grade A sendoff by the branch. Sunday was also a highlight. I gave a talk about unity, that was a good end to my mission. I felt that I really have become one with these people. I didn't really notice it until I started thinking about it. As for this next week, Tuesday is packed with meetings and goodbyes and tears and stuff and Wednesday at 6 AM we head to St. Petersburg. We've got to be there by 1, that's when we check out of the mission and all that stuff.

This is such a crazy time. I honestly was walking to the bus today, and there was an argument going on in my head. I don't feel like I'm leaving, but the reality of it is starting to set in. I felt totally normal and that I'm starting another week as usual, but at the same I know that It's almost over.

I'm so glad that I served on a mission. The things that matter most in life and eternity really came to my attention since I've been here. I'm of course not perfect and even far from it, but thanks to my mission I have a deeper understanding for the gospel and for the love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us. I love you all! Have a good week!


Elder G



That's a lot of honey


That's a lot of birds


That's a lot of food

No comments:

Post a Comment