Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's glorious


So here's a quick recap of my crazy week: Tuesday we had district meeting, I really like the other elders here. They're younger missionaries and really cool. We then went to get some groceries for me, then all of our lessons for the night fell through. Wednesday, we had a split with the assistants, so we went up to the city after lunch to meet them and bring one of them back with us. We got home really late because of rush hour traffic, and we didn't have time to do much of anything else that day. Thursday was fun, we went out in the morning first thing contacting and had a great time. We were more awake for studies and we were just ready for the rest of the day. We had a lesson with a fun less active member who is huge and doesn't have any legs. He's a really joyful man and likes to have fun, even though he has some major health problems. It was a good example for me to see that we can be happy even when we can't do anything, or we feel like we can't do anything. That night we had a lesson about prayer with a very nice south african woman, she is an oceanographer and moved here with her russian husband. We then went to St. Petersburg for the night because my companions right now are zone leaders and had MLC. Friday morning for exercise we found an outdoor basketball court and balled! Only half court, of course. After the long MLC, we went back to Kolpino and had youth night with... well, the youth. There is a big, strong youth here and they're really fun to be with. We made titles of liberty and marched around the church with them. Saturday we had another lesson with the south african woman, this time with a few members. We went walking and stopped at a park for this woman's child to play. We talked with her about prophets and invited her to general conference, but she already has plans because it's the weekend of easter here. It's a week later than in america (both conference and easter). Nobody came to english group that night. Sunday was fun. I liked seeing a different ward in the stake and how they work. There was a recent convert from our area who came, it was good to meet her. That's the week! Yesterday I had a visa trip. That's about it.

So as I moved to this area it kinda died... but the area that I left had some growth! A less active/new convert (there are too many of those here) came to church in Pskov and passed the sacrament! I actually started teaching him while I was there and he got baptized right after I left, but he soon after went less active. He got offended by a few of the members. That was probably the best part of the week! Hooray! I still don't know what's going to happen with me, I hope to know by the next time I email you but I'm not sure. I might even find out later tonight, we'll see. Anyways, all is well here! Love ya all and have a good week!

Andrew



Kolpino


a couch


No comments:

Post a Comment